Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mermaid Diaries inspiration

I am still on the search to make Dinah a young, pretty girl. Nothing too fancy! We started out as a bunny, and a lot of progress has been made through my alterations, but she still looks a bit off. She has long dark hair, which I want, but she has a huge bald spot on her head. As I mentioned before, her face looks a bit like an older woman who has undergone way too much plastic surgery.

Also, once I took her out of her bunny costume, she is naked (embarrassing, I know) and I am in the Free Dove shop, which says no nudity allowed, so I felt a bit stuck. I was considering teleporting to a nudist colony, but I something told me that is not how I want to get started on this island.

Natalia Zelmanov of the Mermaid Diaries has been a great influence and help getting me started. For other Second Life newbies, I recommend looking at her page and getting advice on where to find free stuff, fun adventures like the Cave of Doom and hot dating spots. (Trust her...she was Miss Second Life 2007). Natalia also owns her own boutique called Sirena Hair & Fashion where she sells mermaid tails, and other Second Life costume necessities like flexi dresses and gowns and hair. Her before and after pictures are amazing, (needless to say...she is a mermaid now), so I am inspired to think I won't have to have a bald spot on my head for the rest of my life here.


I found clothes by typing in "free clothes" in the search and transporting to a location that does not prohibit nudity. (Weird) I got dressed in a couple shabby (and very unstylish) capri pant and tank-top sets. At least I have mobility now. At the top, I am in the Freebie Outlet warehouse, in my black leather outfit from White Lily Free Dress.

Visit Natalia's page at http://www.mermaiddiaries.com

No comments: