Monday, January 21, 2008

New look, fresh start


Victory! Appearance altered successfully, and I am now confidently interacting with my new world. How did I manage this feat, and for free? I went back to Orientation Island (the helpful place you are born into, kind of like the first 21 years of my life all on one island) and grabbed a stock avatar, and set about making myself adorable.

Still working on the clothes...but I fitted my flare jeans into skinny jeans, and the waist was already high, so we kept that to stay on trend (and to avoid the Britney effect...I'm trying to make friends, remember?), and I turned her striped rugby shirt into a Girls Next Door-inspired cropped, low-cut number to hold me over.

For my face, I gave myself the Disney treatment. Big eyes, broad cheeks, small nose, and lots of freckles. It is definitly true that you always want what you don't have, and now I can have it! (We'll get into Second Life philosophy later...)


Here I am at Orientation Island. Quite the characters. There are avatars just milling around, talking, helping each other with problems...and the inevitable, trying to sell you stuff.

I approached the tall Brazilian babe on the right because I was obsessed with her outfit. Her bustier let off pink hearts constantly. Unfortunately, the effect does not show in the picture. Her top was emitting tiny hearts like bubbles. She is apparently anticipating Valentines Day as much as my RL roommate and I are. (Weeks ago we already had picked out our pink and red stationary, stickers, heart-shaped cupcake tins and of course, party clothes...although ours is again, looking more Girls Next Door than sexy special effects.)

No comments: