Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's not Xmas, but I need help: Wish List


Wish list:

1. Hair. Long, dark brown hair (I found a few luscious styles from the Second Life Aveda Salon I am looking into.)

2. A black printed day-to-night babydoll dress (just to start out; once my busy second social life takes off, there will be more opportunity for costume changes)

3. Red ankle boots

4. A small tattoo for my wrist or ankle--something simple like stars or swirls (I may as well indulge, no real life tattoos in my future)

5. An orange kitty, so my RL kitten Justin can have a Second Life counterpart!

Practical things I need to get in order in my second life:

Linden dollars. It is getting harder and harder to do anything cool without money. I am kind of tired of going to free, dark warehouses.

Friends. I haven't seen Miiles online since my first day, and no one else has come into my life. Granted, I have been so wrapped up in modifying my appearance and trying to find something other than ugly stone-washed jeans to wear that I haven't devoted much time to meeting people.

A place to live(?) I am actually not sure yet if I need this. Maybe I can just float around when I am offline, but it would be fun to entertain and have somewhere to keep my kitten.

My niche. Do I like to hike online? Or rock climb? Should I try something I have never done in real life like skydive? Maybe there are some cool cafes I can hang out in to people watch. In the snapshot above, I am at The Bay island. You can sunbathe, swim and lounge on soft looking recliners, so I may be back once I have a bathing suit.


I spent a good half a day trying to download new skin, eyes, hair and clothes so I could start to resemble my SL image, but nothing too positive turned up. I got a new free skin from but I couldn't modify it so that I could have hair or anything other than the standard yellow eyes. I would like hazel or blue, but anything natural would do. Also I am just getting so tired of my hideous ensemble. I found it in a free box (I know, big fashion no-no. But I was naked at the time, come on!) and it is this tight purple shirt with a kind of black vest thing over it, as you can see here in my current picture. I just couldn't stand looking at myself in those faded flare jeans, so I removed them and gave myself black spandex. Now I more resemble an aerobics instructor. This fashion thing is getting out of control! I asked this nice, cute girl named Arianna Psalter where she got her yellow printed bubble dress, and she said (oh this old thing) was from Dazzle, now known as Last Call, so I will get going on that link. There are a ton of SL fashion blogs, so I know it is out there!

In a recent attempt to get away from my obsession and frustration with the clothes and (lack of) hair, I went to a club. It was a big, sparse all-silver warehouse with sexy little avatars getting down. I didn't feel like it would be appropriate here to interupt the grinding and ask the stylish girls where they got their mile-high boots and tunic dresses. To let lose for a moment, I selected my dance "gesture." Let's just say my dance came out more like the chicken dance than any saucy grind. I guess I need to work on my dance skills, too.

1 comment:

Alison Nicole said...

quite the wish list lady! i have faith in you though...you can find it all plus more. its only your first week after all! :o)